Who says you can’t have fancy food at home?? I love being able to elevate simple everyday ingredients and turn them into something you wouldn’t expect.
This 5 ingredient recipe, is sure to be a great starter for any meal you plan to serve, this coming season. It’s packed with scrumptious flavor, while not being too heavy.
So here’s what you’ll need.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Glaze
(the vinegar I used was mentioned in my previous post click here)
- Asparagus, cut into small rounds
(the exact set of prep bowls are linked here)
- Once all ingredients are prepped. Start layering the ingredients.
- Lay down your arugula on your serving platter/plate/bowl.
- Sprinkle asparagus rounds.
- Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette Glaze.
- Place grilled chicken down and top with sauteed onions.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, share and comment any recipes you like or want to see a post on.
Please subscribe by email (right hand side of your computer screen or at the bottom of the post if your looking on your Ipad or Iphone) and you’ll get notified whenever a post goes up, so you won’t miss out!
If you have any questions for me you can comment below, message me on any of my social media accounts or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook ( The Complimentary House Cook ), on Instagram ( @thecomplimentaryhousecook ) or on Pinterest ( Thecomplimentaryhousecook ). I try and post on there daily and you’ll even see a little more of my daily life on there as well.
I love hearing from you guys.
I, like the next person, absolutely LOVE egg salad sandwiches. And that’s why I took it upon myself to try and find the perfect flavor combination of spices, seasonings and condiments.
In this post I will take you through the steps that’ll get you to the most amazing sandwich you’ll ever have!
So here’s what to do.
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Curry
- 1/4 tsp Cummin
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chives (had on hand)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sweet Relish
- 1 tsp Honey Mustard
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- In small bowl mix all ingredients together, until well combined.
- Toast two slice of bread.
- With a knife spread mixture on one side of toast. Top with lettuce, spinach, bean sprouts, coleslaw (without dressing), or any spring mix. Top with other slice of toast.
- Munch and enjoy!
*this recipe yields about 2 servings
* garnish with a pickle or some cherry tomatoes on the side.
Yes, I realize that this title is a mouth full. But you will understand when you have a mouth full of this delicious goodness that consists of bacon and chicken. I mean how could you go wrong??
I know on social media a few years ago bacon was a huge craze. Bacon flavored everything. Bacon decals on everything from socks to key chains and of course bacon wrapped anything was a huge hit at the state fairs, local stores, and restaurants.
Recently I got inspired to try and come up with my own version of a bacon wrapped dish. I knew I wanted to pair it with chicken, but the question was, “what to stuff the chicken with?”
That’s where I got the idea to create a recipe that required only two other ingredients and also two common ingredients that most people already have on hand. Cream cheese and diced tomatoes.
So let’s get into my recipe:
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 chicken breasts ( make sure they are thick so you can butterfly them)
- diced tomatoes (amount varies but plan for 1/2 tbsp per breast)
- cream cheese (1/2 oz per chicken breast)
- tooth picks (not for eating, just for holding the bacon secure while cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start by butterflying your chicken breast. (This technique is done by laying your chicken down flat and slicing horizontally into the chicken, as if to cut the breast into two thin slices. But you don’t want to cut them all the way through. You want to cut as if to make a pocket in the chicken breast.)
- Next you will lay a thin slice of cream cheese on one half (one side of the butterfly) of the chicken.
- Then you’ll spoon about 1/2 a tbsp of the diced tomatoes on top of the cream cheese and fold the chicken over itself, to “pocket” the cream cheese and tomatoes.
- Lay out the two slices of bacon parallel to each other and place the chicken breast at one. Roll the chicken up in the bacon and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Repeat process for as many chicken breasts as you plan to make.
- Place on a baking sheet. and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy.
Don’t forget to like and share any of the recipes you see here.
You can follow me on social media by clicking the links on the side of your computer screen or searching my name, The Complimentary House Cook on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
If you have anything you need to contact me about, feel free to message my business email at email@example.com
Comment below any recipes you want to see or if you’ve tried similar recipes before. I love hearing input from my followers.
I look forward to hearing from you!