I’ve been getting some questions from people asking me to do some recipes that look sophisticated but are actually fairly easy to make at home. So I’m going to start incorporating those recipes here on the blog.
Now, this isn’t your typical run of the meal sandwich.
This is definitely a sandwich that can be made to wow your guests at a party or even as a sit down dinner with a side of potato salad or homemade potato chips!
This sandwich consists of only 5 ingredients and you could easily whip this out in under 30 mins.
Before I get started with the recipe here is how to cook the steak.
- Pat dry both sides of steak with paper towel.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak.
- Over high heat cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, then lower the heat to medium and cover with lid for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and thinly slice.
*Timing may vary depending on how thick your steak is.
Now back to the main event!
Here’s what you’ll need.
- Just. Awesomesauce (pictured above)
- Small handful of Arugula
- 1 Cooked Steak (Sliced thinly)
- 1 Slice Pepper Jack Cheese
- Bread Roll (any kind will work)
- Cut bread roll in half.
- Add sauce to both halves of bread (this will act as a glue so your sandwich won’t go sliding all over the place)
- On the top slice of bread, place arugula and then the cheese.
- On the bottom half lay down the slices of steak.
- Flip the top half of the sandwich onto the bottom half and WAHOO you’ve got yourself a delicious Steak and Arugula Sandwich!
- Place on serving dish and garnish plate with a small bunch of arugula.
Don’t forget to like, share and comment any recipes you like or want to see a post on.
Please subscribe by email (right hand side of your computer screen or at the bottom of the post if your looking on your Ipad or Iphone) and you’ll get notified whenever a post goes up, so you won’t miss out!
If you have any questions for me you can comment below, message me on any of my social media accounts or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook ( The Complimentary House Cook ), on Instagram ( @thecomplimentaryhousecook ) or on Pinterest ( Thecomplimentaryhousecook ). I try and post on there daily and you’ll even see a little more of my daily life on there as well.
I love hearing from you guys.
I, like the next person, absolutely LOVE egg salad sandwiches. And that’s why I took it upon myself to try and find the perfect flavor combination of spices, seasonings and condiments.
In this post I will take you through the steps that’ll get you to the most amazing sandwich you’ll ever have!
So here’s what to do.
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Curry
- 1/4 tsp Cummin
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chives (had on hand)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sweet Relish
- 1 tsp Honey Mustard
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- In small bowl mix all ingredients together, until well combined.
- Toast two slice of bread.
- With a knife spread mixture on one side of toast. Top with lettuce, spinach, bean sprouts, coleslaw (without dressing), or any spring mix. Top with other slice of toast.
- Munch and enjoy!
*this recipe yields about 2 servings
* garnish with a pickle or some cherry tomatoes on the side.
Before I get into the recipe, I want to share with you one of my favorite kitchen ingredients (used in this recipe).
Chicken flavor “Better Than Bouillon”
This ingredient is literally, as it says, better than bouillon and even better than chicken broth! It’s something that’s always in my pantry (well, really my fridge due to the fact that it needs refrigeration after opening). But it’s something so easy to keep on hand and that’s one thing I love about it, besides the fact that it also has amazing flavor.
This is definitely an item I believe everyone should have in their pantry.
I know, I know, you all came on here to get the recipe to this delicious Lemon, Herb and Garlic Chicken, not to hear me ramble on, so here it is!
- 8 drumsticks & 6 thighs (chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (chopped)
- 3/4 cup dry cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp chicken “better than bouillon”
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemons (1 for juicing and 1 for slices as garnish)
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side (or until chicken is golden brown)
- Remove chicken and set aside
- In same pan add garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook until aromatic. Then add the sherry, lemon juice, better than bouillon and water to deglaze the pan. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken to pan, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Let cook 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. (flip chicken in pan halfway through to make sure sauce coats both sides)
- Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
- Serve with sides of garlic and chive mashed potatoes (comment below if you want my super simple recipe!) and asparagus.
- When serving chicken, WOW your guests by displaying chicken on a platter. Chop up some extra thyme and sprinkle it over the chicken and arrange lemon slices on top.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and I look forward to cooking the next one with you!