With Cinco de Mayo having come and gone, I still wanted to post this recipe on here for any of you who didn’t see it on my social media accounts.
This quick and delicious side dish isn’t only for Cinco de Mayo. It can be used for taco Tuesday’s or any day you want a delicious corn dish with a kick.
2 tbsp Butter
1 can sweet corn
1/2 Jalapeño diced finely (remove seeds)
3 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 tbsp fresh Cilantro
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
The juice from 1 lime
-melt butter in pan over medium heat
-Add corn and jalapeño. Stirring occasionally, cook about 8 minutes.
– Stir in mayonnaise, cilantro, chili powder, and lime juice.
-Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, share and comment any recipes you like or want to see a post on.
Please subscribe by email (right hand side of your computer screen or at the bottom of the post if your looking on your Ipad or Iphone) and you’ll get notified whenever a post goes up, so you won’t miss out!
If you have any questions for me you can comment below, message me on any of my social media accounts or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook ( The Complimentary House Cook ), on Instagram ( @thecomplimentaryhousecook ) or on Pinterest ( Thecomplimentaryhousecook ). I try and post on there daily and you’ll even see a little more of my daily life on there as well.
I love hearing from you guys.
With St. Patrick’s day just a few days away I decided to post the recipe that I’m going with this year. Hope you like, and don’t forget to wear your green!
- 3 lbs flat cut corn beef brisket
- 1 packet spice mix (the one included with the corn beef)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 6 baby potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 head of cabbage (cut into 5 or 6 wedges)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Rinse corn beef with cold water, pat dry with paper towel and place on wire rack in a 13in X 9in pan with fat side up.
- Place black peppercorns in ziploc bag and crush with a mallet.
- Sprinkle and press spice mixture and black peppercorns on the top of the brisket.
- Fill roasting pan with water, and cover pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Roast in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a roasting pan. Sprinkle dried thyme and salt over veggies. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well, till evenly coated.
- After two hours, remove corn beef and carefully remove aluminum foil.
- Increase over temperature to 350 degrees and return corn beef, uncovered. Also add vegetable tray to the oven and cook 1 hour or until internal temp of corn beef reaches 185 degrees.
- Check tenderness. (should be fork tender)
- Remove beef and veggies from oven (set aside) and tent beef with tin foil to rest.
For the Cabbage:
- In large pan heat vegetable oil. Add mustard seeds. (if they pop, that’s ok)
- Add minced garlic and continue to fry for 20 seconds.
- Add cabbage wedges. Sear 1-2 minutes on both sides.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste. Cook about 3 minutes. Transfer to serving dish with corn beef, potatoes and carrots.