With the warmer weather coming, who doesn’t think of backyard BBQ’s, bonfire nights and a refreshing cold drink in hand?
Lately the weather here in northern California has had me out in my backyard for hours at a time. We just finished uncovering all our outdoor furniture, cleaning it off and setting it all up to entertain our guests whenever we please.
But while working outside in the sun, I knew I needed to come up with a drink that’s quick, easy and refreshing for any occasion.
So here’s the recipe to my Sparkling Raspberry Mint Lemonade.
- 2 long sprigs of mint (I used the fresh mint we have growing in our backyard)
- 1 can frozen Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/2 cup 7up
- 1 cup of ice
- Follow directions on the back of the lemonade can by dumping contents into a large pitcher and adding 3 cans worth of cold water.
- Rinse mint off in sink and pat dry with paper towel. Remove leaves from stem. Crush some of the leaves and tear into small pieces (this will allow the minty flavor to escape better into the drink).
- Add mint leaves, 7up and ice to lemonade. Stir and serve in a glass over some ice and some whole mint leaves for garnish. Enjoy!