Before I get into the recipe, I want to share with you one of my favorite kitchen ingredients (used in this recipe).
Chicken flavor “Better Than Bouillon”
This ingredient is literally, as it says, better than bouillon and even better than chicken broth! It’s something that’s always in my pantry (well, really my fridge due to the fact that it needs refrigeration after opening). But it’s something so easy to keep on hand and that’s one thing I love about it, besides the fact that it also has amazing flavor.
This is definitely an item I believe everyone should have in their pantry.
I know, I know, you all came on here to get the recipe to this delicious Lemon, Herb and Garlic Chicken, not to hear me ramble on, so here it is!
- 8 drumsticks & 6 thighs (chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (chopped)
- 3/4 cup dry cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp chicken “better than bouillon”
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemons (1 for juicing and 1 for slices as garnish)
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side (or until chicken is golden brown)
- Remove chicken and set aside
- In same pan add garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook until aromatic. Then add the sherry, lemon juice, better than bouillon and water to deglaze the pan. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken to pan, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Let cook 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. (flip chicken in pan halfway through to make sure sauce coats both sides)
- Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
- Serve with sides of garlic and chive mashed potatoes (comment below if you want my super simple recipe!) and asparagus.
- When serving chicken, WOW your guests by displaying chicken on a platter. Chop up some extra thyme and sprinkle it over the chicken and arrange lemon slices on top.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and I look forward to cooking the next one with you!