Here in Northern California, when it’s a rainy day, it calls for a Slow Cooker Chicken Chili with some yummy cornbread on the side.
This recipe is one I like to make because it’s a lighter version of a chili and it uses some of the typical canned foods and spices that you already have on hand. (I’ll admit that I did throw a few curve balls in there but if you refer back to my post on the seasoning packets I always have on hand, it’s not too far fetched.)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1 can Chili beans
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 can Pinto beans
- 1 can Chicken broth
- 1 can Super Sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Grillmates mojito lime marinade seasoning. (I didn’t have any fresh limes on hand so I improvised with this)
- 1 pkt chili seasoning
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
*When adding all canned foods add in juice as well. This will add so much more flavor.
- Dump all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours
- Remove chicken, shred in a separate bowl, and place back into slow cooker.
- Cook another 10-20 mins
- Serve in bowl, Enjoy!
- Garnish with sour cream, avocados, lime or cilantro.