Over the past few weeks I’ve been getting asked to do a lot of one-pan meals, Keto friendly meals, and quick & easy chicken meals. Well, I think this one hit the nail on the head by being all 3! And it’s a tasty one also so everyone can enjoy.
I’d decided that for 2018 I would try to find and develop recipes, with wholesome ingredients, to take the place of take-out food for our family.
So here is my first of many AT-Home recipes:
- 4 raw chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup of cashews
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (I used Fresh ginger)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1 medium white onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, over low heat, toast Cashews until they turn lightly brown and become fragrant. (remove and set aside)
- Dice up chicken thighs, onion and bell pepper into 1 inch chunks.
- Turn up the heat on the stove to medium high heat, and add the chicken. Let that cook until chicken is no longer pink in color. (5 or so minutes)
- When the chicken is no longer pink, add the onions, pepper, garlic, garlic sauce, ginger and salt & pepper. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients (Soy Sauce, rice wine vinegar and cashews) and cook until all the liquid in the pan is completely gone.
- Serve with drizzled sesame oil and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!