Let me just start by saying curry is one of my absolute favorite spices in all the kitchen! It’s a sweet yet savory spice that is typically used in Indian style cooking. (and who doesn’t love the taste of Indian food!)
I’d been really craving it for the past few weeks, so I decided to make some! So here is the recipe for my simple version of Curry Chicken.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion diced
- 5 boneless chicken breasts sliced and cubed (mine were on the small side)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp of curry powder (or more depending on how much flavor you want)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken broth (about half a 14 oz can)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 table spoons of hot sauce (I used Tabasco sauce, but you could use sriracha)
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional depending on how hot you want it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large pan with olive oil, over medium heat.
- Add your chopped onions and saute until slightly brown on the edges.
- Add your chopped up chicken and let that cook until it is cooked through.
- Add your minced garlic and let that cook until it becomes aromatic ( I say to add it now because you don’t want it to burn while waiting for the chicken to fully cook)
- Next add your curry powder and stir that in until everything is coated.
- Then add your coconut milk. Stir.
- Add your chicken broth, honey and hot sauce. Stir until combine. (now would be the time to add the cayenne pepper if you wanted also)
- Take a taste test to see if all the seasoning is right, to your liking.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
I served mine over a bowl of Basmati Rice.
You can also serve it garnished with lime or cilantro.